Using Box Tops for Education Mobile App is the most efficient way to collect the Box Tops. Not only will you be earning the physical cut outs by purchasing participating products, but you earn bonus Box Tops in addition to you what you earn physically. There are, however, terms and condition you have to follow. Some important disclaimers are:
- You must be at least 18 years old and a legal resident of the United States of America to use the Service. (I’m sure most of us are over 18).
- To access most features of the Service you must register for an account. (Please read my previous post to sign up to Box Tops for Education online.
- You may purchase and redeem multiple offers on each receipt. Each individual offer may be redeemed up to the limited indicated at the time of receipt
- OFFERS MAY ONLY BE FULFILLED WITH PURCHASES MADE AT STORES WITHIN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. (no amazon fresh or other online purchases)… etc
You can find the terms and conditions once you download the mobile app. PLEASE NOTE we cannot use receipts from purchases performed online. I tried several times, and I failed to earn Box Tops credits. =(
SUBMISSION DATE: 09/06/2017
RECEIPT ID 51478775.
Unless this purchase was made outside of the U.S., something went wrong. Please contact us, referencing this Receipt ID, and we’ll figure it out! (Purchases outside the U.S. are not valid. See terms.)
Please re-scan your receipt in the Box Tops Bonus App before the “Scan By Date” noted on the offers you selected or visit the Help Desk for assistance.
Thank you for using the Box Tops Bonus App and helping your school get what it needs!
Okay, now that we’ve established some baseline, let’s download the app!
1) Go to Google Play or Apple App Store from your smart phone and download the app. “Box Tops Bonus App.“
2) Press Install to install the app. (The button should be located where it says OPEN on my screen)
3) Once you install the App, you will be prompted to fill in your email address and password, which you should have created online. (Please see my previous post for signing up on Box Tops for Education online). You can also sign up to Box Tops for Education through the App.
4) Once you input your information, the App will take you to the main page.
5) As you can see, there are only 3 tabs, which makes it easy to navigate through the App. There are Offers, Progress, and My Profile.
- Offer: a list of participating products that will earn you bonus points (a new item is added once a week or so)
- Progress: Your activity and your school’s progress are shown.
- My Profile: Your Profile
6) As you can see this mobile App is intuitive and doesn’t offer much buttons press.
7) Let’s take a look at the offerings. There are currently 39 products that offer bonus Box Tops. Here is a screenshot for Annie’s products bonus offer. Annie’s offers organic and natural products and my two daughters have been eating them since they were little. It’s my family’s number one choice for Mac & Cheese.
The offer reads, Earn 20 on Annie’s when you purchase any 5 Annie’s product starting 7/10/17. Limit 5
This means, if you purchase 5 Annie’s products (typically on sale for $1.99 at Safeway for Mac & Cheese). You could earn 20 bonus Box Tops and that’s worth $2.00 that goes towards your school. That’s Awesome!!! My two girls eat at least 1 box of Mac & Cheese every week. The expiration for these products are typically good until 2018 or later. So I can manage to purchase 25 boxes and my family would consume them within half a year. In return, I can raise $10.00 for my school!!!!
Let’s do a simple math:
25 x $2 (annie’s mac & cheese) = $50 (money you would have spent regardless)
Box Tops earning from the transaction
25 (physical cut outs) = $2.50
5 (offers) x $2.00 (bonus) = $10.00
In total, you just earned $12.50 towards your school. Hurray!!
8) So let’s say you purchased 5 items from a store. What you need to do, is to press Select on the offer you’re trying to get. The gray button will turn pink once you select it. Then press on Scan Receipt. When you review your offers, press on + or – to select the number of offers you will be submitting at once. In this case, I purchased 5 items, I would have 1 as the number of offer and press on Scan 1 offer.
9) Now all you need to do is take a picture of the receipt. If this is your first time, the App may request your permission to store and access your photo. Press Yes.
10) Press on Take Photo to take a picture of the receipt. If you’re receipt is long, you could add additional section by pressing on Add Section. Once finished, just press on FINISH.
Yes, it’s that simple. You should get a confirmation email when you submit, and also an acceptance email when the offer gets applied to your account. The money you collected from the bonus App go directly towards your school.
Happy Box Tops Clipping!